Welcome to Croptomize!
Croptomize is an algorithmic trading engine that translates market volatility into clear actionable signals for farmers. By leveraging big data and artificial intelligence (AI) our product drives farm profitability by automating risk management decision-making and solving the crucial problem of market timing for grain sales.
What is Croptomize?
Through the use of big data and modern technology, Croptomize brings the financial and marketing tools previously reserved for big corporations to the modern-day farmer. These tools enable farmers to make better financial decisions in the hope of building a sustainable and profitable farming operation for generations to come.
“Croptomize isn’t here to tell you what to do, we’re here to help you figure out the best time to do it. “
Croptomize Pro Features
- Algorithmic: The decision-making of the hedge program is fully automated and non-discretionary. It does not succumb to emotion.
- Continuous Coverage: Croptomize Pro works continuously from spring planting through March of the following year. This allows for maximum flexibility to manage basis, storage, and logistics.
- Dynamic Hedging: Croptomize Pro is always managing downside risk with a combination of short futures and long puts. If Croptomize Pro likes a crop price it will lock it in by selling futures. If it thinks prices are too low to warrant sales, it will buy puts and wait for a rally. It will also trade back and forth if market conditions warrant.
- Hedgers & Non-Hedgers: Not comfortable hedging? The signals provided by Croptomize Pro are an impartial third party perspective to help you navigate volatility and optimize cash grain sales.
- Seasonal Timing: To prevent over-hedging too early in the growing season, the hedge commitment level begins at 50% of theoretical bushels and gradually scales up to 100% algorithmically based on USDA national crop progress metrics.
- Capture the Carry: Carries are automatically captured with hedges rolled forward at optimal levels according to back-tested results. This allows for maximum flexibility to manage basis and logistics.
Croptomize was conceived and created by two partners with a unique set of skills to bring tools to family farms once only available to Big Ag. Croptomize Pro is one of the tools in The Farm CFO suite of tools where you can learn more and subscribe.
Updates from the Croptomize team
Janie and Q give the week in review chatting about the most recent WASDE report which really surprised the markets. Crude Oil and Natural Gas …
Janie and Q give the week in review chatting about spring wheat, global markets, the fed and Chinese market moves.
Janie and Q give the week in review about spring wheat, global markets, the drought, the Fed and Chinese market moves.
Corn was a big disappointment this week. Hear all about it in this week’s Market Update.
Rain hit hard over the long weekend and the crops have responded. The market is acting like it knows there’s more acres out there.
The drought is with us in the Montana, Idaho and North Dakota. The rising temps are putting the crop at risk in Montana.
Q gives some historical context for the drought we’re experiencing. Crude oil is still trending upwards and some analysts suggest it could even reach 100! …
It was a wild week in beans. Q has been saying this was coming since the oil lead rally. High prices cure high prices. Keep …
There’s 50% volatility with Dec. corn and the Minneapolis spread is a punisher.
Janie and Q bring the latest market update, discuss what’s coming out of the Croptomize Model and give a weather report.
A wild week of volatility in the markets! As the old saying goes, “Rain makes grain!”
It’s a gloomy day in Blue Earth, Minnesota and the markets haven’t been much better.