Welcome to Croptomize!
Croptomize is an algorithmic trading engine that translates market volatility into clear actionable signals for farmers. By leveraging big data and artificial intelligence (AI) our product drives farm profitability by automating risk management decision-making and solving the crucial problem of market timing for grain sales.
What is Croptomize?
Through the use of big data and modern technology, Croptomize brings the financial and marketing tools previously reserved for big corporations to the modern-day farmer. These tools enable farmers to make better financial decisions in the hope of building a sustainable and profitable farming operation for generations to come.
“Croptomize isn’t here to tell you what to do, we’re here to help you figure out the best time to do it. “
Croptomize Pro Features
- Algorithmic: The decision-making of the hedge program is fully automated and non-discretionary. It does not succumb to emotion.
- Continuous Coverage: Croptomize Pro works continuously from spring planting through March of the following year. This allows for maximum flexibility to manage basis, storage, and logistics.
- Dynamic Hedging: Croptomize Pro is always managing downside risk with a combination of short futures and long puts. If Croptomize Pro likes a crop price it will lock it in by selling futures. If it thinks prices are too low to warrant sales, it will buy puts and wait for a rally. It will also trade back and forth if market conditions warrant.
- Hedgers & Non-Hedgers: Not comfortable hedging? The signals provided by Croptomize Pro are an impartial third party perspective to help you navigate volatility and optimize cash grain sales.
- Seasonal Timing: To prevent over-hedging too early in the growing season, the hedge commitment level begins at 50% of theoretical bushels and gradually scales up to 100% algorithmically based on USDA national crop progress metrics.
- Capture the Carry: Carries are automatically captured with hedges rolled forward at optimal levels according to back-tested results. This allows for maximum flexibility to manage basis and logistics.
Croptomize was conceived and created by two partners with a unique set of skills to bring tools to family farms once only available to Big Ag. Croptomize Pro is one of the tools in The Farm CFO suite of tools where you can learn more and subscribe.
Updates from the Croptomize team
A weekly recap of food inflation, Chinese buying and export restrictions.
Wheat is leading the charge higher yet again after news outlets yesterday reported a flurry of export restrictions.
Wheat is leading the charge higher this morning in Minneapolis, KC and Chicago following sharp gains in French wheat futures.
Corn erased overnight grains and is trading lower on the day despite the friendly confirmation from the USDA on export sales to China.
The USDA confirms the selling of 756,000 tonnes of corn, 340,000 tonnes of wheat and 110,000 tonnes of soybeans by private exporters.
Grain markets are staging a corrective rally today, a welcome sight after the recent beating.
A discussion and look into the recent grain market update.
U.S. grain markets continue to sell off in tandem with the general apocalypse hitting financial markets.
Today is first notice day for March ’20 grain futures. What is the fuss all about?
Grain markets are poised to start Wednesday’s session mixed in subdued trade following recent volatility.
Darin Newsom analyzes the weekly report and discusses soybean shipments through Thursday, November 28.
Anthony Crudele, host of The Futures Radio, sits down with Q Lahre.