Welcome to Croptomize!
Croptomize is an algorithmic trading engine that translates market volatility into clear actionable signals for farmers. By leveraging big data and artificial intelligence (AI) our product drives farm profitability by automating risk management decision-making and solving the crucial problem of market timing for grain sales.
What is Croptomize?
Through the use of big data and modern technology, Croptomize brings the financial and marketing tools previously reserved for big corporations to the modern-day farmer. These tools enable farmers to make better financial decisions in the hope of building a sustainable and profitable farming operation for generations to come.
“Croptomize isn’t here to tell you what to do, we’re here to help you figure out the best time to do it. “
Croptomize Pro Features
- Algorithmic: The decision-making of the hedge program is fully automated and non-discretionary. It does not succumb to emotion.
- Continuous Coverage: Croptomize Pro works continuously from spring planting through March of the following year. This allows for maximum flexibility to manage basis, storage, and logistics.
- Dynamic Hedging: Croptomize Pro is always managing downside risk with a combination of short futures and long puts. If Croptomize Pro likes a crop price it will lock it in by selling futures. If it thinks prices are too low to warrant sales, it will buy puts and wait for a rally. It will also trade back and forth if market conditions warrant.
- Hedgers & Non-Hedgers: Not comfortable hedging? The signals provided by Croptomize Pro are an impartial third party perspective to help you navigate volatility and optimize cash grain sales.
- Seasonal Timing: To prevent over-hedging too early in the growing season, the hedge commitment level begins at 50% of theoretical bushels and gradually scales up to 100% algorithmically based on USDA national crop progress metrics.
- Capture the Carry: Carries are automatically captured with hedges rolled forward at optimal levels according to back-tested results. This allows for maximum flexibility to manage basis and logistics.
Croptomize was conceived and created by two partners with a unique set of skills to bring tools to family farms once only available to Big Ag. Croptomize Pro is one of the tools in The Farm CFO suite of tools where you can learn more and subscribe.
Updates from the Croptomize team
The Croptomize Market Update covers corn, beans and wheat.
Soybean flash sales continue.
Strong export demand continues for soybeans and Russian wheat prices are rallying despite advancing harvest activity in southern plains.
Soybeans flirt with 6-week highs on export demand.
Values were mostly negative to start out the week and month with corn. Soybeans closed flat. Weather for corn grows favorable.
Private exporters reported to the USDA export sales of soybeans to China and unknown destinations.
Forecasts for below normal temperatures in Russia and rains in KS are pressuring wheat.
We all have times in our lives when we wish we could once again talk to those who have gone on before us.
A weekly report on corn, wheat and beans. CFTC reports and weather status for the western belt and east.
Private exporters reported to the U.S. Department of Agriculture export sales of 396,000 metric tons of soybeans for delivery to China.
Corn closed high, while soybeans and wheat closed low. WASDE estimates corn’s carry out and HRW wheat production came in above expectations.
Hard frosts and freezes blanket the northern U.S., and corn and wheat sold off and closed lower in a bearish reversal.